Tencent, Changan Auto forming smart car joint venture

Updated 2018-04-13 11:41:04 China Daily

A unit of Chinese internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd has teamed up with State-owned Chongqing Changan Automobile Co to develop business related to smart and connected vehicles.

The two firms on Thursday signed a cooperation agreement on a joint venture at the 2018 China Internet Plus & Digital Economy Summit held in Chongqing. Under the deal, Changan will take 49 percent of the joint venture with an investment of 98 million yuan (.6 million). Tencent Dadi Tongtu Technology Co Ltd, a unit of Tencent, will spend 102 million yuan to own the remaining 51 percent.

The joint venture will build an open platform to develop the internet of vehicles, big data and cloud technologies, aiming to offer comprehensive solutions for smart and connected cars and operating services.

Last year, Baidu Inc announced its Apollo project, which opened up its autonomous driving platform to its partners. The company claimed it had gained more than 90 partners for the platform so far.

Also in the News

Nicole Kidman Recalls Oscar Glory: Loneliest Time
Showbiz2016/06/16 13:58October 21 2018 16:19:29

Nicole Kidman Recalls Oscar Glory: Loneliest Time

Attending Shanghai International Film Festival, Nicole Kidman talks about her role in "Grace of Monaco".

Labor Day Travel Peak Starts
Also in the News2014/05/01 12:16October 21 2018 16:19:29

Labor Day Travel Peak Starts

Johnny Depp Delivers a Speech 'Evolve the Future' in 'Transcendence'
Also in the News2014/04/18 13:18October 21 2018 16:19:29

Johnny Depp Delivers a Speech 'Evolve the Future' in 'Transcendence'

Hollywood star Johnny Depp's speech in the upcoming new film "Transcendence" has been disclosed on Friday, April 11th.

China World Business Sports Showbiz Audio
C4 My Chinese Life The Sound Stage China Revealed Showbiz Video Travel Video
China World Fun Travel Entertainment Sports
Beijing Shanghai Guangzhou
Live Music Opera & Classical Movies Traditional Shows Exhibitions
Learn Chinese:
Chinese Studio Living Chinese Everyday Chinese Just For Fun Chinese Culture Buzzwords